As experts in waste acid disposal, Amb Environmental Services can safely remove wastes from industrial and commercial companies which use acids and other chemicals in their manufacturing processes. This is done with the use of our 27,000 ltr Jet / Vacuum combination ADR Tanker.
FEATURES OF THIS TANKER ARE:
- 27,000 litre Capacity
- 316 stainless Steel
- Jurop 250 water cooled 1000 cfm Vacuum pump
- Perkins silent engine
- Speck 3500 psi high pressure jetting pump
- ADR FL – Class 3,6.1,8
This tanker can safely carry hazardous liquids and sludge’s, which could include waste acids, alkalis and flammable liquids. Also for drummed and wastes in IBC’s we can remove your waste by curtain sider.
GALVANIZING CAN PRODUCE WASTE ACIDS
THE GALVANIZING PROCESS
The pre-treatment of work to be galvanised has four separate stages.
- Inspection – The work to be pre-treated, checking for greases and paint which would not be removed in the pre-treatment process. These would need to be removed by Shot blast or jet washing.
- Degreasing – The work is dipped in to a bath of caustic degreasing solution for a period of time to remove any light oils etc.
- Pickling – The work will now be dipped into a bath of acid (mainly sulphuric or hydrochloric acid) to take the work back to clean base steel.
- Fluxing – The clean steel is now dipped into a bath of flux solution to assist the galvanizing process.
THE 2ND STAGE
The pre-treated work is now dipped into a bath of molten zinc at a temperature of about 450 degrees celsius, until the work is the same temperature of the zinc.
The work is then taken out and allowed to cool.
WASTES FROM GALVANIZING PROCESSES COULD INCLUDE:
- Caustic Solutions
- Sulphuric Acid
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Flux Solutions
- Solid wastes of Zinc
Also from time to time these baths will require a descale. We can provide this service using our 3500 psi jetting equipment.
OUR CREW ALL HAVE
- Confined space training
- Hazardous chemical awareness training
- Chemical suits
- Training in jetting to our vehicle units.
Engineering is the application of economic, scientific, social and practical knowledge in order to invent, design, maintain and improve structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes.
COMPANIES UNDER ENGINEERING COULD BE:
- Tool manufacture
- Turbine manufacture
- Sheet pressings
- Hydraulic systems and rams
- Machine manufacture
- Engine and pump manufacture
WASTES FROM THESE ENGINEERING COMPANIES COULD INCLUDE:
- Nitric acid
- Caustic degreasing solutions
- Acidic degreasing solutions
- Solvent and gunwash liquids
- Oils and coolants
- Solid wastes
These wastes could be contained in large storage Tanks, IBC’s or drums.
CHEMICAL MANUFACTURE FOR INDUSTRY
Chemicals are manufactured by specialist companies for other companies in our industries.
THESE COMPANIES COULD INVOLVE MANUFACTURE OF:
- Cleaning aids
- Leisure Centre Chemicals
WASTES FROM THESE COMPANIES COULD INCLUDE:
- Redundant stock
- Out of date stock
- Tank cleaning
- Interceptor wastes
Amb Environmental Services can remove and safely dispose of most acids and chemicals.
All wastes are taken to proper licensed sites that are approved by the Environmental Agency, and site permits will be issued to our customers prior to removal.
- Do the hazardous paperwork, including any lists of chemicals.
- Provide Ewc codes (for your approval).
- Provide labels and wrap for the waste, for transport.
CALL US ON 01924 489146 FOR A COMPLETE SERVICE FROM QUOTE TO TRANSPORTATION.